Each year, thousands of OMCP certified are seeking PDU-Qualified digital marketing conferences to earn professional development units for certification renewal.
Only the best digital marketing conferences qualify for earned PDUs for renewal of OMCP and OMCA certification status. If you wish to nominate a conference or have yours considered for for approval, you can start the process here.
Approved conferences can be announced and listed as PDU-Approved publicly and within the OMCP community of practice.
To earn PDU-Qualified status, a conference must meet the following five criteria:
- Have been held three times and be reasonably accessible to OMCP certified.
- Advertise its primary purpose is to teach digital marketing (using similar words, e.g., conversion, analytics, online marketing, etc).
- The majority (over 50%) of sessions must be Qualified Sessions that teach the how-to and best practices of specific digital marketing disciplines (see below).
- Present at least four speakers with either A) repeat appearances at other approved PDU-Approved conferences OR B) who are OMCP certified OR have contributed to OMCP standards.
- Receive a majority vote approval from the current PDU committee.
Steps to Approval
There are two steps to the approval process.
1. Match your Sessions to OMCP-Covered Disciplines
Download a session mapping worksheet and have someone on your staff add (paste) qualified session titles under the appropriate digital marketing practice name. Sessions can be upcoming or most recent past.
Qualified sessions primarily convey specific how-to and best practices of any of the following:
- Social Media Marketing
- Digital Analytics
- Digital Advertising (PPC, Social, Display, Programmatic, and similar)
- Search Engine Optimization
- Content Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Conversion Rate Optimization, UX/UI Optimization
- Email Marketing
- Marketing Automation
Conference sessions that are useful but will not be applicable to the PDU approval process typically cover the following:
- Visionary keynotes
- Self improvement
- Tool or platform-specific sessions
- Running or building a business
- Hiring or training
- Future forecasts
- Social events
2. Send your mapping file and session list to OMCP
Upload your session mapping and session list using the form below. Your session list must have several sentences describing each session. The current PDU approval committee will check your mapping and speaker qualifications and make a decision on approval within 30 days.
Approved conferences can be announced and listed as PDU-Approved publicly and/or within the OMCP community of practice. After 2019, Links will be provided only to conference pages that display an OMCP PDU-Qualified medallion.
Use this form or email email@example.com to apply.