The OMCP Competency Standards define the competencies and skills required to qualify for employment and earn industry certification in online marketing. These documents are used by educators for course development and compliance with OMCP standards, and are also used by hiring managers to determine job readiness and performance measurement for existing staff and incoming candidates. The competencies are constantly checked and updated by digital marketing leaders and practitioners for relevance. The ratios used reflect those set in the most recent OMCP role delineation study.
What is Covered?
OMCA competencies define the competencies and skills required to qualify for employment in a position that communicates the concepts of digital marketing or directs the activities of practitioners in the following digital marketing disciplines:
- Social Media Marketing OMCA Competency Standard
- SEO OMCA Competency Standard
- Digital Analytics OMCA Competency Standard
- Content Marketing Optimization OMCA Competency Standard
- Conversion Rate Optimization OMCA Competency Standard
- Digital Advertising (PPC) OMCA Competency Standard
- Email Marketing OMCA Competency Standard
- Marketing Automation OMCA Competency Standard
- Mobile Marketing OMCA Competency Standard
- Sample (older) OMCA Competency Standard
OMCP competencies define the competencies and skills required to perform as a practitioner or specialist in a minimally-supervised position in the following disciplines:
- Social Media Marketing OMCP Competency Standard
- SEO OMCP Competency Standard
- Digital Analytics OMCP Competency Standard
- Conversion Rate Optimization OMCP Competency Standard
- Digital Advertising (PPC) OMCP Competency Standard
- Content Marketing OMCP Competency Standard
- Sample (older) OMCP Competency Standard
Distribution of training time in each competency guide is based on the most recent OMCP Role Delineation Study. OMCA Standards documents set out minimum didactic training time for an OMCA-Approved course and average didactic time for existing courses when available.
Who Writes the Documents?
OMCP facilitates maintenance of the competency standards document in cooperation with published subject matter experts, educators, and active hiring managers. Ratios are set by a Role Delineation Study. Each major version must be approved by an OMCP committee before distribution. OMCP coordinates peer review of minor changes in each document. Attribution for contributions is included in each document.
How Do I get Them and What do They Cost?
OMCP Competency Documents are available for purchase at $100 for all six.
OMCA Competency Documents are available for purchase at $100 for all nine.
Fees paid for competency documents cover costs of updates and maintenance. Updates are included for one year from date of purchase.