Hiring Managers, Academics, and Practicing Professionals:
Please take a moment to weigh in on digital marketing priorities the 2019 OMCP Role Study. Then share it with your colleagues (https://mo.am/rds9).
- For You: After sharing your opinion, you’ll see cool data, like: how over 1,000 other teams invest time in digital marketing, and, what education and experience hiring managers want in 2019.
- For OMCP: It helps OMCP by ensuring representative distribution of competency requirements and exam questions. Better exams. Better marketers.
- For the Industry: It benefits the industry by ensuring over 700 universities and training institutes continue to teach to what hiring managers want–OMCP standards. We give the final report to all who ask.
What Is a Digital Marketing Role Delineation Study?
The 2019 Role Delineation Study is based on survey data, collected at
https://mo.am/rds9 that captures the digital marketing skills requirements of current and future professionals.
The survey includes coverage of the practice of:
- Social Media Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Digital Advertising (Including PPC)
- Marketing Automation
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Email Marketing
- UX/UI Development
- Content Marketing
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Mobile Marketing
- And other practices through write-in
In the survey, you’ll be prompted to rank practices and sub practices by choosing time distributions for each practice. Participants also weigh in on required education, experience, and training for professionals.
When Does it Start and End?
The survey will end when 1,000 qualified respondents weigh in, or by December 1, 2018.
Participants are given the option to pre-request a copy of the final report at the end of the survey.
Who is Behind This?
OMCP maintains the industry standards for digital marketing with the support of marketing leaders worldwide.
OMCP is a certification standard and an industry association that maintains the competency and exam standards for digital marketing in coordination with industry leaders. OMCP is an independent standard, not tied to any one platform, training provider, agency, or vendor.
With our volunteers and staff, we serve the industry by providing certification verification and credentialing of individual practitioners, agencies, and educational institutions.
OMCP publishes competency standards used for curriculum and employee evaluation, the industry body of knowledge, digital marketing certification exams, readiness tests, and digital marketing podcasts related to best practices in online marketing.
The OMCP mission is to continually improve the standards of practice, education, and employment of online marketers.