OMCP Registered Education Provider Application
Only the highest quality training providers qualify for OMCP Registered Education Provider status. Training and educational programs that are OMCP-Approved provide enhanced value to students and organizations in preparation for certification.
Courses must thoroughly prepare a graduate with the abilities, skills, and knowledge commonly associated with qualification for employment in a minimally-supervised position in online marketing.
|Over 70,000 have trained to the OMCP and OMCA standards and many more are seeking competent training providers.
Institutions that advertise OMCP compliance attract higher volumes of students.
The following online marketing disciplines are validated by OMCP.
- Content Marketing
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Email Marketing or Marketing Automation (included within OMCA and OMCP Base exams only)
- Mobile Marketing (included within OMCA and OMCP Base exams only)
- Digital Advertising (with PPC)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media Marketing
- Digital Analytics
☑ Courses for OMCA: A fundamentals course must thoroughly prepare a graduate with the abilities, skills, and knowledge commonly associated with qualification for employment (or practice) in a supervised role as defined by the related OMCA competency requirements for least five of the OMCP online marketing disciplines listed above. Total course time may be no fewer than 26 hours didactic.
☑ Courses for OMCP: A minimum of one fundamentals course as defined above PLUS two specialty discipline courses from the OMCP online marketing disciplines listed above. Each specialty course must thoroughly prepare a graduate with the abilities, skills, and knowledge commonly associated with qualification for employment (or practice) in a minimally-supervised role as defined by the related OMCP competency requirements. Each specialty-discipline course must comprise no fewer than 26 hours didactic comprising at least 16 hours of lecture.
☑ Final exam and certificate: Each course must provide a multiple question final exam of no fewer than 30 questions that requires a passing score. Provider must provide a graduates with a certificate or alternate verification system to enable certification entitlement by OMCP.
☑ Currency: Each year, provider must show evidence that training material is reviewed and updated to apply to current practices as defined by the relevant OMCP and OMCA competency standards. Each annual renewal of REP status will require an audit of compliance and a renewal fee of $475.
☑ Faculty: Within 90 days of application, provider must provide proof of at least one OMCP-Certified Trainer on staff to oversee content and answer student inquiries.
Steps for Accreditation and Approval
1. Application and Competency Review Phase
2. Competency Mapping Phase
3. Course Evaluation Phase
- Candidate provider initiates course review, pays fee for each course to be reviewed.
- Candidate provider makes course material/videos available to OMCP and outside evaluator
- Evaluator receives annotated competency documents (candidate mapping) and access to courses
- OMCP evaluator samples the course content/media against mapped claims to confirm compliance or lack of it.
- OMCP checks results, makes a judgment on compliance, provides report, and notifies candidate provider.
If you are providing courses, or plan to provide courses that meet the above requirements, completion of the following form will start the application process.