Overview of Membership
Online Marketing Certified Professionals is a standards body that maintains and approves courses, exams, and certification requirements to enable excellence in online marketing. Thousands of participants engage in authorized courses through schools universities, and training providers each month, all over the world.
Now that the standard is defined and accepted by leading schools, the world’s top consumer product companies, and by the largest advertising agencies, it is time to ensure that the online marketing industry, the schools that support online marketing as a profession, and individuals who have a vested interest in the online marketing profession have meaningful influence on those standards.
Individual Memberships are open to anyone who desires to support and benefit from OMCP values standards, and publications. Individual Members are not required to be OMCP certified. Individual Membership requires an application and an annual fee.
Privileges and Responsibilities of Industry Membership
OMCP Individual Members receive the following benefits:
- Discounts on OMCP certification exams.
- Networking opportunities with other OMCP Community of Practice and Membership program people.
- Access to a forum for showcasing your interests, insights and research.
- Informed of the most current industry changes and improvements.
- Recognized as drivers of online marketing standards, which benefit higher education, associations, career development, hiring managers, advertising agencies, and individuals who wish to excel at online marketing.
- Influence on the standards for courses, exams and certification requirements to enable excellence in online marketing.
- First rights of authorship for OMCP assets such as the OMCP Body of Knowledge
- Access to occasional channels of messaging to approved training institutions, graduates, and registered professionals.
Membership depends on members making and keeping commitments to the principles of OMCP and responsibilities of Membership including:
- Promoting the values and ideals of OMCP.
- Honoring Member and Committee commitments.
- Working towards successful implementation of standards across industries.
Influence is a benefit of OMCP Individual Membership. Areas for which Individual Members may contribute and influence are:
- Competency documents,for each discipline, including:
- Topics to be considered as part of each discipline’s competencies.
- Percentage of total instructional coverage devoted to each topic.
- Updating specific content within each topic area.
- Body of Knowledge articles, reviews, and comments.
- Final findings in periodic Role Delineation Studies for each discipline.
Community of Practice
The core mission of the OMCP Community of Practice is to maintain an ongoing and current dialog about creation and maintenance of standards for the online marketing profession through its Membership program and within the context of the practice of marketing in general. OMCP currently defines the following disciplines as those for which it recognizes, defines, and maintains standards of practice:
- Content Marketing
- Conversion Optimization
- Marketing Automation (Email Marketing)
- Mobile Marketing
- Online Marketing Fundamentals
- Pay Per Click (Search Marketing)
- Social Media Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Digital Analytics
Apply for Individual Membership
CLICK HERE to complete the application form and purchase your membership.