“I think it would be really really powerful and it would be wonderful to see people coming out of those certification programs doing a wonderful job in the industry and then having that certification program be able to be recognized by agencies who hire consultants, by businesses that hire in house SEOs, by marketing teams that want their marketers to get trained.”
Wizard of Moz
Overview of Membership
Online Marketing Certified Professionals is a standards body that maintains and approves courses, exams and certification requirements to enable excellence in online marketing. Thousands of students are currently completing authorized courses through schools universities, and training providers all over the world, with heavy expansion into Europe and Asia over the last year.
Now that the standard is defined and accepted by a significant number of schools, by hundreds of consumer product companies, and by dozens of the largest advertising agencies, it is time to ensure that the online marketing industry, the academies that support online marketing as a profession, and individuals who have a vested interest in the online marketing profession have meaningful influence on those standards.
To support these innovations in professional certification, OMCP created its Community of Practice and its Membership Program. The OMCP Membership Program considers and approves ongoing changes to the definition and measurement of OMCP standards for purposes of guiding internal alignment and coordinated outreach. Additionally, the work of committees is coordinated through the Member groups.
OMCP Industry Members:
- Are self-identified and pay membership fees.
- Are entitled to up to thirty voting seats, depending on company size.
- Nominate at least one volunteer from their organization for participation in each committee.
- Provide OMCP with industry insights that allow competencies, certifications, and Body of Knowledge to stay current with industry changes.
- Identify and approve in-person and physical location opportunities to serve the community and members.
- Where appropriate, determine online engagement and community opportunities through online channels.
Privileges and Responsibilities of Industry Membership
OMCP Members are recognized for their services by having:
- recognition as drivers of online marketing standards, which benefit higher education, associations, career development, hiring managers, advertising agencies, and individuals who wish to excel at online marketing.
- influence on the standards for courses, exams and certification requirements to enable excellence in online marketing.
- first rights of authorship for OMCP assets such as the OMCP Body of Knowledge
- occasional channels of messaging to approved training institutions, graduates, and registered professionals.
Membership depends on members making and keeping commitments to the principles of OMCP and the responsibilities of Membership including:
- promoting the values and ideals of OMCP.
- honoring Member and Committee commitments.
- working towards successful implementation of standards across industries.
Voting is both a benefit and responsibility of the OMCP Community of Practice collaborative process used by Industry and Academic Members and committees.
Voting is crucial to the following standards areas:
- Competency documents for each discipline including:
- Topics to be considered as part of each discipline’s competencies.
- Percentage of total instructional coverage devoted to each topic.
- Updating specific content within each topic area.
- Certification exam questions related to each discipline.
- Final findings in periodic Role Delineation Studies for each discipline.
Community of Practice
The core mission of the OMCP Community of Practice is to maintain an ongoing and current dialog about the creation and maintenance of standards for the online marketing profession through its Membership program and within the context of the practice of marketing in general. OMCP currently defines the following disciplines as those for which it recognizes, defines and maintains standards of practice:
- Content Marketing
- Conversion Optimization
- Marketing Automation (Email Marketing)
- Mobile Marketing
- Online Marketing Fundamentals
- Pay Per Click (Search Marketing)
- Social Media Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Digital Analytics
Each Member group may appoint volunteers from their organization to serve on the Exam and Certification Standards Committees. Individuals who are selected should have the overall integrity of the online marketing profession as a personal passion and should be motivated to contribute to the creation and maintenance of standards primarily for this reason.
1. Choose your Membership category:
| ☑ My Company is applying to become an:|
____ OMCP Industry Member with [ ] number of voting seats.
2. Understand the associated Membership fees and fee structure:
☑Fee Structure: Fees are relative to revenue. Revenue determines the number of voting seats.
|2014 Gross Revenue(rounded to the nearest $1 million)||Voting Seats||Additional Increments(per $1 million rounded revenue)||Membership Dues(subtotal per tier)|
|$0 – 7 million||1||–||$5,000|
|$8 – 20 million||3||$800||$5,800 – 15,400|
|$21 – 74 million||6||$720||$16,120 – 54,280|
|$75- 199 million||10||$372||$54,652 – 100,780|
|$200 – 499 million||20||$286||$101,066 – 186,580|
|$500 – 999 million||20||$220||$186,800 – 296,580|
3. Commit to Committee Participation:
*Requirements for Approval of OMCP Committee Participation:
☑ Assert that your company/institution has demonstrated leadership in the online marketing domains and disciplines as evidenced on our website.
☑ Assert that the committee appointees have over two years of published work or an online track record of conveying (sharing, teaching, enabling) online marketing practices.
4. Complete the form and pay the associated fees for OMCP Industry Membership
548 Market St. #33329
San Francisco, California 94104
If approved as an OMCP Industry Member, OMCP will list your organization on its website with a link to a corresponding page on your website.